What Does It Measure?
Today’s complex boards require complete management of the wave solder process. We now know that wave soldering is so much more than thermal profiles and wave machine settings.
Your Wave Optimizer comes with specific procedures and special techniques so that you know exactly how to interpret and react to each of the 12 key data points of wave soldering.
Main Wave & Chip Wave
- Board To Wave Parallelism
- Dwell Time of your leads in the wave
- Immersion Depth of your boards in the wave
- Contact Length of your leads in the wave
- Conveyor Speed measured independently
Direct Wave Data
Patented and Proprietary
- Your waves are directly measured
- No unreliable assumptions about your immersion depth
- No questionable extrapolations from temperatures
Distribution and Quantification
- Verify thorough flux distribution
- Identify uneven flux distribution
- Confirm the weight of flux applied
- Measure all aspects of your wave soldering in a single run
Top-Side & Bottom-Side
- Preheat Temperature
- Maximum Preheat Slope
- Maximum Temperature
- Delta T (max temp – preheat temp)
- Full thermal profiles
- Solder and Ambient Temperature
Feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss your specific needs and objectives.